One tool our hair can’t go without? A really good brush. Luckily, our Vegan Detangle + Style Brush can be used with every hair type and texture—wet or dry—and its benefits go far beyond tangle-free hair. For one, its vegan, boar-like bristles gently massage the scalp, stimulating blood flow and hair growth. (Who doesn’t want longer, lusher stands?) For another, it expertly smooths the hair and distributes your scalp’s natural oils for extra shine you can’t help but covet.
That said, it’s easy to forget those natural oils, along with dead skin cells and bacteria, can build up rather quickly in the bed of your hairbrush. The result? The debris you brushed out of your hair will likely end up right back in it. Ew.
But not to worry—all it takes is five simple steps to clean your hairbrush:
- Start by removing any loose hair from the brush’s bristles.
- Next, fill your sink with warm water and mix in a bit of our sulfate-free Shampoo.
- Let the brush soak for 10 minutes and gently scrub its bristles.
- Then lay the brush (bristles down) on an absorbing surface to dry.
- Repeat the process once every two weeks.
Once your hairbrush is back to new, these tips will ensure you’re using it like a complete pro…
Make sure you brush from mids to ends—not starting at the root—to avoid breakage when brushing wet or dry hair.
Brush your hair often to help it last longer in between washes. The oils will be distributed away from the scalp, preventing it from getting greasy.
For softer strands, use the brush to work Prickly Pear Hair Oil evenly through dry hair the night before a wash day.