Last Revised on February 16, 2022
1. HOW WE COLLECT AND USE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
When you access or use our Services, or otherwise engage with us, we may collect the following information about you. Within the last 12 months, we’ve collected and used the following types of information:
- Contact information: Name, email address, mailing address, and phone number. We collect this information to create and maintain your account, provide you with product(s) and Services, communicate with you about our Services, respond to your queries, offer promotions and administer surveys, contests, and prizes, and market and advertise to you.
- Demographic information: Lifestyle, hair texture, date of birth,, gender, income, hobbies, social media handles, and information about your interests. We collect this information to maintain your account, provide you with product(s) and Services, communicate with you, market and advertise to you, derive certain inferences about you, and conduct internal research and development.
- Account information: Username, photograph, password, security questions, and previous transactions. We collect this information to create, maintain and secure your account. We collect this information to enable the maintenance of your account and provide you with the Services.
- Payment information: Credit/debit card information, banking information, shipping address, and billing address. We collect this information to complete transactions and provide you with the Services.
- Information about your use of the Services: Features, products, and services that you are interested in and have purchased, comments, feedback, reviews and testimonials you provide, post, or otherwise make available(which includes photographs and other content). We collect this information to provide you with the Services, facilitate your engagement with the Services, personalize your experience, enhance our Services, monitor and analyze trends in connection with the Services and conduct internal research and development.
- Any other information you choose to provide: This includes product reviews, pictures and videos, responses to surveys, participation in contests, and any other information that you choose to include in communications with us, for example, when uploading content, sending us an email or completing a webform. We use this information to facilitate your engagement with the Services, including to enable you to post reviews, to post on social media, communicate with you about our Services, offer promotions, administer surveys and contests, personalize the Services for you, monitor and analyze trends in connection with the Services and conduct internal research and development.
Some features of the Services may require you to enter certain information about yourself. You may elect not to provide this information, but doing so may prevent you from using or accessing these features or some or all of the Services.
We may obtain information about you from other sources. Within the past 12 months, we’ve received information about you from the following sources:
- Third parties that you choose to share with us, for example when you choose to access the Services through another service, such as through Single Sign-on (e.g., Google, Facebook or Twitter) or link any social media platforms to your account. In addition, if you interact with us on social media, we will collect information about those interactions.
- Third party service providers who help us process or supplement the information you have provided (such as payment processors, identity verification vendors).
- Data partners , for example, inferred demographic information and unique identifiers.
- Advertising providers.
- Other sources, such as from publicly available sources.
In addition, our website, like most websites, uses third party tools, including cookies, pixels and other tracking technologies (“Tracking Technologies”), including Google Analytics, to provide and enhance the performance of our Services, facilitate and enhance user experience, monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with the Services and conduct internal research and development. For further information about Google Analytics, please click here. The information we collect through Tracking Technologies includes:
- Details of the devices used to access our website, such as unique device identifier, browser type and settings, device type, and operating system information.
- IP address, and other information associated with your IP address such as your approximate geographic region.
- Date and time stamps, such as the date and time you first accessed the Services.
- Search terms used to reach our Services or used within our Services.
- Details about the emails we send, such as when you open or click on them, and unsubscribe.
- Log data.
- Other information regarding your interaction with the Services, such as clickstream data, files viewed, searches and other actions, feature usage, referral activity, and which emails you may have opened.
We may associate all the above types of information with your account (if you have a registered account), the device you use to access the Services, or email or social media accounts that you use to engage with the Services.
The below companies may collect personal information when you interact with our digital property, including IP addresses, digital identifiers, information about your web browsing and app usage and how you interact with our properties and ads for a variety of purposes, such as personalization of offers or advertisements, analytics about how you engage with websites or ads and other commercial purposes. For more information about the collection, use and sale of your personal data and your rights, please use the below links.
In addition to the specific uses of information described above, we may use all of the above information create aggregated statistical information, inferred non-personal information, anonymized, to provide, improve and develop the Services and our product offerings, including as we describe in our Terms and Conditions, to comply with any applicable legal obligations, to enforce any applicable terms of service, to protect or defend the Services, our rights, the rights of our users, or others, for the purpose of combating fraud, or to otherwise operate our business.
2. HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We may share information about you with third parties in the following circumstances:
- With vendors and service providers, including cloud storage and computing providers, payment processors (e.g., ApplePay, PayPal, AmazonPay, etc.), information security vendors, performance and monitoring providers, advertising and marketing vendors, information technology providers, and data analytics vendors.
- With advertising providers and advertising networks to serve advertisements on our behalf.
- When you request us to share certain information with third parties, such as through your use of social media widgets or login integrations.
- When you provide us with a testimonial, feedback, or review.
- With our affiliates or otherwise within our corporate group.
- To comply with applicable law or any obligations thereunder, including cooperation with law enforcement, judicial orders, and regulatory inquiries.
- In connection with an asset sale, merger, bankruptcy, or other business transaction.
- To enforce any applicable terms of service.
- To ensure the safety and security of Dae and our users.
- With professional advisors, such as auditors, law firms, or accounting firms.
3. ADVERTISING, CHOICES REGARDING COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
Do Not Track Signals
Your browser settings may allow you to transmit a “Do Not Track” signal when you visit various websites. Like many websites, our website is not designed to respond to “Do Not Track” signals received from browsers. To learn more about “Do Not Track” signals, you can visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com/.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
You may control the way in which your devices permit the use of Tracking Technologies. If you so choose, you may block or delete our cookies from your browser; however, blocking or deleting cookies may cause some of the Services, including any portal features and general functionality, to work incorrectly.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. However, you may be able to configure your browser settings to use the Services without some cookie functionality. You can delete cookies manually or set your browser to automatically delete cookies on a pre-determined schedule. In addition, to opt out of tracking by Google Analytics, click here.
When you access our Services, we will collect information about you collected through Tracking Technologies, in order to advertise to you and personalize the Services. We may also receive this information from our advertising providers and networks (as described above). You can opt out of or modify these advertising methods by visiting the following sites:
4. CALIFORNIA PRIVACY
Shine the Light
California law permits users in California to request certain details about how their “personal information” (as defined in California Civil Code Section 1798.83) is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. We may from time to time elect to share certain “personal information” about you with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes. California users may, under certain circumstances, request and obtain certain information regarding our disclosure, if any, of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If this applies, you may obtain the categories of personal information shared and the names and addresses of all third parties that received personal information for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately prior calendar year (e.g. requests made in 2021 will receive information about 2020 sharing activities).
To make such a request, please contact us using the information listed below. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per California resident each year.
The California Consumer Privacy Act
- Auditing related to our interactions with you;
- Legal compliance;
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and necessary prosecution;
- Performing services (for us or our service provider);
- Internal research for technological improvement;
- Internal operations;
- Activities to maintain and improve our services; and
- Other one-time or short-term uses.
Your Rights. Where applicable, if you are a California resident you may have the following rights under CCPA in relation to “personal information” we have collected about you as defined in the CCPA; these rights are subject to verification and any applicable exceptions:
- Right to Know/Access: You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of certain personal information about you as described below:
- The specific pieces of personal information collected;
- The categories of personal information collected;
- The categories of sources from whom the personal information is collected;
- The purpose for collecting the personal information; and
- The categories of third parties with whom we have shared the personal information.
- Right to Delete: You have the right to request that we delete the personal information.
- Freedom from Discrimination: You have the right to be free from unlawful discrimination for exercising any of the rights above.
To make a request in relation to the above rights, please contact us using the information in Section8. To fulfill your request, we will need to verify your identity and residency in California, and ask for additional information and documents.
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a request related to personal information collected about you. To designate an authorized agent, the authorized agent must provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify that they have been authorized by you to act on their behalf.
5. SOCIAL FEATURES
Certain features of the Services permit you to initiate interactions between the Services and third-party services or platforms, such as social media (e.g., Facebook, Instagram, TikTok) (“Social Features”). Social Features include features that allow you to click and access Dae’s pages on certain third-party platforms, and from there to “like” or “share” our content on those platforms or contribute to playlists. Use of Social Features may entail a third party’s collection and/or use of your data. If you use Social Features or similar third-party services, information you post or otherwise make accessible may be publicly displayed by the third-party service you are using. Both Dae and the third party may have access to information about you and your use of both the Services and the third-party service. For more information on third-party websites and platforms, see Section 6 below.
6. THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AND LINKS
7. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Children under the age of 13 are not permitted to use the Services, and we do not seek or knowingly collect any personal information about children under 13 years of age. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected information about a child under 13 years of age, we will make commercially reasonable efforts to delete such information from our database.
8. DATA SECURITY
Please note that any information you send to us electronically, while using the Services or otherwise interacting with us, may not be secure when it is transmitted to us. We recommend that you do not use unsecure channels to communicate sensitive or confidential information to us. Please be aware that, despite our best efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and we cannot guarantee “perfect security.” Any information you transmit to us you do at your own risk.
9. HOW TO CONTACT US
150 E. Alamo Drive, Ste. 9
Chandler, AZ 85225